Nala, our Miniature Pinscher lasted for 4 years at our house, but she was not happy at our house. She was so small she could get out ANYWHERE in our fence and she was NAUGHTY. She would take off and would NOT come back!!! A lot of her problems were our fault...we hadn't spent the time when she was a puppy with the training that she needed. My grandparents that live in Washington fell in love with her and wanted her so she found a new home where she could be a lap dog to her heart's content. This was over a year ago.
Fast forward to August 2009. Yates came home and said he had found a dog on KSL that would be perfect for our family and it was just in Cedar City. We called and went up to get our new member the next day. Anakin Skywalker (that was really his name when we got him, but Tucker loved it so we kept it) is a dark red Golden Retriever who is a 1 1/2 yrs old. He was trained as a service dog and knows basic commands. He listens fairly well, is very good with the kids, walks well and the kids have loved him! I've even been surprised myself at how attached I've gotten to him. He has some bad puppy habits and likes to dig (in my garden & flower beds...grrr) and gets a little over-excited at times, but he's perfect for us.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Our New Addition
Posted with love by The Wright Family at 3:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Thanks for the invite to your blog!! You have the cutest dang kids ever!!! It's fun to be able to see your family :) You'll have to add mine and stay in touch! jmaldred.blogspot.com
I can't believe I haven't even seen him! What a bad friend I am !
He is beautiful!
Gosh! at first I thought you were going to say you just had another baby. ha ha!
Glad you have a new DOG in the family. :)
So I'm just commenting on this post about all your posts: good for you to have a dog. I'm sure your kids love it. I can barely keep up with human messes, so I haven't dared allowed Sam to get the kids a dog yet. Mckinlee is a doll, Tucker seems like quite the resopnsible older brother, and I love Titan's curls. That's just how Matt's hair looked. And your method about pacifying Yates' need for toys sounds a lot like mine...it works, thank goodness, most of the time. I think the older these men get they realize money is harder to come by and it doesn't make much sense to just spend it on spur of the moment wants!
Now that's a dog! I'm glad Nala went to a good home....she was cute, Paul said we should get one...NOT!!!
Kyle is going to be so JEALOUS! he wants a dog sooo bad! BBQ???? soon!!!
Cute posts Crystal!! LOVE all the pictures and LOVE all those adorable kids I don't get to see enough of! :( We miss you guys!
So I was just wondering if you were ever going to leave a new post.... love, your little sis :)
Time to update. I agree with Ashley
Post a Comment