Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tucker 1st Day of School

I really don't want to hear it...I'm in the mood to get caught up and I really could care less that Tucker's 1st day of school picture/blog is being posted in the middle of October. At least it's here.

On 8/13 Tucker started 1st GRADE this year and goes to school ALL DAY long! I always thought I would rejoice at the day (and there are moments that it IS nice) but I think it's surely a long day for kids. It starts early, then learning all day at school, come home and play for a couple hours, dinner, homework, early bed. It's been quite the adjustment to have a more set routine for this fly by night family, but it's been good for us all! Tucker's teacher is Mrs. Neilsen and so far Yates I have have been impressed with her. She seems really on top of her class and the development of each of her kids. Tucker is doing really really well and I'm so so proud of him! He started out reading on a "D" level and is progressing well. He knows his sight words really well and he just loves the praise when he's doing a good job. They've been doing spelling tests and it's only been a couple times he's gotten less than 100% (and that was for forgetting the capital letter on the beginning of his spelling sentence...he struggles with that for some reason). Go Tucker!

Getting ready for 1st day of 1st Grade. What was the REQUEST for 1st day breakfast? Oatmeal...believe it folks. My kids love oatmeal!! Cream of Wheat? Not so much.

We started the tradition last year of taking 1st day of school pictures in front of the flower bed. Here's 1st grade!

Getting on the bus

1 comments:

Lesley said...

He looks soooo tall! Ellie is still planning on marrying him so tell him not to forget about her!