Tuesday, April 01, 2008

So...it's been a little bit and we have been a BUSY little family! We have completely re-floored our ENTIRE HOUSE! My parents came down from Idaho for their Spring Break and we put them to work!!! My dad had brought his bike down so he and Yates could go riding and we completely ruined their plans...I really DID feel (and still do) awful. It was unintentional - honest! Let me explain...the furniture store down here occasionally has these crazy sales where they offer good no interest/no payment financing options in conjunction with low low prices and they had the sale the day my parents left to come down here. We have been wanting to get new carpet and do something with our ugly linoleum in the kitchen for awhile and definitely before the baby comes in June and finally hit the jackpot. We finished the kitchen, dining room and entry way with laminate wood flooring that is very rustic looking and installed it ourselves (with MUCH help from my parents). We started ripping baseboards out on Easter Sunday after getting back from our trip to Las Vegas to stay with Jared & Kylie and just finished having all the carpet installed today. Not too shabby! 8 1/2 days later we have a completely different look to our house. Don't come visit too soon, it's still a disaster inside. I guess I didn't realize that you just about have to move out of your home to get all that done, but it's true. I'll get pictures on here, but that's going to have to wait until I get my computer at home all put back together. This is the only update you'll get for now.

MUCHO THANKS to my Ma & Pa who are old and on the other side of the dreaded hill and still spent DAYS on end on their knees just begging for the arthritis to set in! J/K LOL! You know I love you both - seriously - endless thanks for all your help!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I can't wait to see it!

The Dennison Family (All 4 of us!) said...

Busy bee's! Where's the pictures??? I can't wait to see.

Jane said...

Your house must look great! Hats off to your mom and dad (and you guys too) that must have been a chore with the kids helping too. Isn't it nice the way parents seem to be there just when you need them:-)