I wanted to hurry and add something before I forget. Tucker did the funniest thing the other day and didn't think a thing of it. McKinlee was asleep when I got home from picking Tucker up at preschool. I grabbed her and went inside to lay her down, leaving Tucker to fend for himself. Tucker was sauntering up the sidewalk with his backpack, talking to himself, as I headed back toward the door to check on him. It's my favorite thing to listen when the kids think they're all alone because that's when the funniest stuff comes out. I was not disappointed!
Tucker's looking at the ground and walking really slow when I hear him say, "Stinky, nasty, son of a bit*h." Not yelling, mind you...just matter of fact. I couldn't believe my ears! Then I refused to believe them. When he came in I asked him what he'd just said and he told me the "stinky" part. I said, "Didn't you say stinky, nasty something?" He said, "I didn't say nasty Mom, just stinky son of a bit*h". I said, "We're not supposed to use words like that." He said, "But Mom, I was just talking to that plant (our rose tree that is patiently waiting to be planted by the front door)." Needless to say, we had a little talking to about the use of those words. I guess they really are paying attention...to YATES! (wink, wink) I'd never use such words, especially around the kids!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
One Last Tidbit
Posted with love by The Wright Family at 9:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I will be laughing at this all day!
Post a Comment