We went up to Kolob with Sean & Lesley to get away and spend a night up in the mountains! It is so beautiful up there and I only took one picture the whole time we were up there! :( I was too busy stuffing my face and chatting away. We headed up to Kolob without Yates because he was playing cops and robbers with the marijuana gardners.
Lesley's parents have a cabin and a big shout out to them for being so gracious and letting us come crash their pad every once in awhile. I really like her parents...we got to spend time with them at our Disneyland trip last year too. They're GREAT!
It was Yates and I's responsibility to do dinner that first night and we had decided that we wanted dutch oven chicken, potatoes and cobbler. I always help prep and prepare, but Yates is ALWAYS the one who tends to the actual cooking. He thought he might make it up, but wasn't sure so we waited as long as we dared wait and then started prepping and getting stuff sliced, peeled and getting stuff going ourselves. Just as we got to the point we were going to have to get stuff into the dutch ovens and get them cooking, guess who drove up??? Yates, and he had some good stories to share with us about all his adventures that day while we finished dinner! ;) Dinner turned out great, although we haven't quite perfected the cobbler yet...we're getting closer. We had lots of fun and the kids ran around and got plenty dirty. We got them all tucked in for the night and then us adults went outside and told stories and laughed until late late. What fun we always have when we get together!
Had a scrumptions pancakes and bacon breakfast the next morning and then we just hung out and let the kids play some more before we grudgingly packed up and headed home. It was a great weekend!
Here's little Maci and Titan enjoying the swing! THIS is the only picture I got...haha!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Lazy End of Summer Fun
Posted with love by The Wright Family at 11:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment