There are lots of posts again. I'm trying not to get behind, but struggling, so this is a catch up of the last month. Enjoy!
My little sister Ashley used to be the cook in our family. Out of all of us kids, she had the passion and was good at it. We used to always make soft pretzels together in all sorts of shapes. When I say always, I mean we made either those or homemade breadsticks on a VERY frequent basis.
I was needing a fun idea for something fun for the kids & I to do and I thought that would be perfect! I sent her a text message asking for the recipe and after a few days decided to try calling my mom to see if maybe she had it. I had to leave her a message and while I was waiting for her to call back, Ashley called me with the recipe. Right after I got off the phone with her my momma called me back with the recipe as well. She said Ashley had called her for it and she didn't even know where the recipe was, but Ashley had used it so often that even after all these years she could tell her exactly where to go find it. LOL! I'm an impatient imp...it's okay...I admit it.
So we broke out the aprons my Momma made for my kiddos and got to work. We had so much fun with the dough and the mashing and the general mess making that ensued. I had forgotten just how tasty the end result was too!
Friday, May 14, 2010
A Forgotten Tradition
Posted with love by The Wright Family at 6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
looks like tons of fun! my kids also love things like that. do you share recipes?? :)
How cute is that?!!!
What a fun activity to do with the kids.
Sissy, I love you so gosh darn much! I'm so glad you and the Kids had at least as much fun as we used to, making the soft pretzels. Give them all hugs and kisses from Shashie, and hugs and kisses to you too! :)
Post a Comment