Friday, June 15, 2012

Long Lost Blogger...Found???

I really hope everyone is sitting down!  It's been (cough) years (cough) since I've updated our blog and I'm so sad because I'm horrible about writing in my journal and I just spent a good amount of time reading through my old posts and reminiscing about old times I had forgotten.  Well, the last 2 years will just have to go down as a failure in the remembrance of the details.  Fact accepted, time to move forward.

We have been without a computer to put all our fun family pictures on for a VEEERRRY long time, as you can tell.  We have now got a computer, internet, working printer in our home...welcome to 2012 Wright family!  :)  Once I get started putting pictures back on my computer I'll start updating with what we've been up to.  Some posts may end up being just pictures, but I want to try to remember at least all the fun stuff in the last 2 years.

Where are we now???

Yates has been assigned to the Washington County Drug Task force for the last almost 2 years (time frame questionable??) and is LOVING it.  He really enjoys the team that he gets to work with.  They're all so different, but they work so well together.  He has been getting more involved with grappling and has really enjoyed the opportunity to learn new stuff and improve his skills.  He's even signed up to compete in a grappling event coming up in Vegas in July.  I'm excited for him to get to do something that he's passionate about, even though he's been razzed a little for pursuing it.

I worked for South Central until Jan 2011 when they sold the wireless division and laid off the wireless employees.  Yates and I made the tough decision for me to stay home with the kiddos (being that I was expecting #4 and all).  It has absolutely been the most difficult "job" I've ever had.  It took me a good 6-8 months to adjust and actually enjoy being home.  Apparently I'm an instant gratification sort of gal and the kiddos just don't seem to want to tell me I'm an amazing cook, housekeeper and best mom in the world every day.  It was a good adjustment to have to make, and I've been so super busy now that I don't know exactly how in the world I ever fit a working outside the home "job" in the mix.  I have been a R.S. teacher for 6 1/2 years and just was released this last Sunday.  I've also been an assistant Bear den leader in scouts, but will be released someday since I just received a new calling to be the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency.  I'm super nervous about it, but excited for an opportunity to grow and learn new things.  I've been playing softball on a city league team and have LOVED it!  I've met some great new people who have become great friends and enjoyed every second while I'm on the field!

Tucker is 9 3/4 and has been in an interesting phase in life.  People with kids this age are telling me that it's "normal", but it's been an interesting ride for sure.  He is already into the "my-friends-are-the-coolest-thing-in-the-world-and-I'd-much-rather-be-digging-for-poo-in-the-dirt-than-going-to-Disneyland-with-my-family" stage.  Alright, I'll admit that may be a slight exaggeration and a little dramatic, but THAT is exactly what 9 3/4 is giving us.  Tucker just read this and would like to state, for the record, that he would much rather go to Disneyland than dig for poo.  LOL!  I've never been a mom to get all emotional about my kids getting older.  I prefer to be proud of them for their accomplishments and I love to see them in their different stages in life.  This is no different.  He's a very smart boy that loves to be social (like his mama), is such a big help with his sisters and brother, is very responsible, loves to try new things and is a good friend to others.  I love to watch him as he's growing and am so PROUD of him!

McKinlee is still such a beautiful little girl that we still hear about it pretty frequently.  She is my little tomboy though! ;)  I just KNEW I'd get a little girl that wanted to get her hands a little dirty.  I love it!  She can stick with the best of them and I have to get after her for starting things that she can't finish with Tucker.  She's still pretty petite, but there's a lot of fight packed in that tiny little body.  She just finished Kindergarten and is S-M-A-R-T!!!  She is reading on a late 1st grade/early 2nd grade level and can frequently be found with her nose stuck in a book somewhere.  She just started tumbling and it took awhile for her to be comfortable, but she LOVES to pratice now!  She has just finished her 2nd year of t-ball (go Cubbies - 2nd year in a row) and 1st year of soccer and is an athletic little stink too.  She's a pretty well rounded little girl and the BEST 2nd mama little Oakley could ever have!  She is so good and patient with her and just loves to help do anything to take care of her!

Titan...I get a big ole smile on my face just typing his name.  I could not keep the spunk this boy has bottled up if I tried!  He's such a little ham and does the funniest things ALL THE TIME!  He loves to wrestle, fight, tease, disobey us, be rough with the baby, and then instantly turns into the BEST little snuggler with the most tender heart.  He's the first to tell me that I'm his best friend and will give me a hug and kiss whenever I ask him for one.  He's my little buddy!  If I ever leave, he comes running to the door to hug my legs yelling "MOMMY!"  I l.o.v.e him!  He currently loves all things Superhero, motorcycle (he has a poster of Chad Reed-22 on his wall) and is quite the self-dress'er (think snow boots, swim trunks, life jacket sort).  His new thing is to uncontrollably laugh at us while we're getting after him for something, which infuriates me.  The madder I get, the harder he laughs...sigh.  I still haven't found that section in my parenting manual (what...you didn't get one?).

Oakley is THE.BEST.BABY.ON.THE.PLANET!!!  I always said that I couldn't have Titan be the last child because I needed my baby to NEED ME desperately.  Well, Oakley fits the bill.  She loves her mama more than anyone else, which is hard in its own way, but I will never complain.  There have been very few periods of unpredictability with her.  She's always been a pretty easy-going baby and very rarely can't be consoled when she's upset.  She is 9 months old and crawling very well, anywhere she wants in any direction.  She will pull herself to standing against almost anything, but doesn't have the stability yet to keep her balance if one hand slips off of her stronghold.  She eats really well, sleeps from about 9-10 until 7-8 in the morning without waking at night (YAY!), has started clapping on cue (most of the time), is just starting to understand waving hi/bye and shakes her head NO all day long (thank heavens without meaning N-O...yet).

Okay, there's the long and short of where we are.  I'm slowly getting pictures on this computer and as I do I will get some new pictures put up.  I promise I won't disappear for a long time again.  I can't.  I need this blog later when I'm an "old granny" (what Titan tells people his Nana is) to remember.  Heck, I need it in my 30's to remember last month.  Pictures are coming...soon!  I'll also be changing this back to private soon once I start actively posting again.  Post your email address if you couldn't log in before. :)

5 comments:

Amanda Walton Photography said...

I'm loving this! You are a great blogger! Excited you're back. Your kids are adorable, and as you know I love being around you and Yates, so this blog is great! I definitely want "access" after the posting begins. Ha. Amanda.jade2697@gmail.com

Rachelle said...

Yea for bogging!i love to read back and see how far we have come. I have no doubt that You will make a fabulous 1st counselor in the Primary. My boys were excited to see you in there last week.

Abbie said...

You crack me up! Loved reading your update.

Unknown said...

Yeah for updates and for moving forward! Okay, so I am 85% sure we are going to be in Utah next month . . . hope we can get see each other.

Brooke said...

Wow im impressed. I loved reading your short updates for the past 2 years. Don't worry Im in the same boat. I need to update mine soooo bad. It has been over a year. I have people tell me to just start from now, but I just can't. I have way to much I want to post about from the past year that I have to do it. Some day it will happen. Glad your back.