Friday, July 17, 2009

Um...hello? Anyone still Reading?

Alright, I'm tired of all the whining that is going on about my neglect of the blog. I KNOW I'm behind! I KNOW people are missing the fun stuff our family does and especially pictures of the kids! At this point I am so far behind it's almost worth bagging and starting over from this point forward (sort of like tithing sometimes LOL). I also have been tired of hearing on the other end of the coin that I am "always on the computer"!!! So there! It was my point to tick both ends of the coin off (only kidding). Instead of pleasing just one group of people, everyone must suffer needlessly. Alas, I will suck it up and get everyone caught up to date with where we are. It's mostly for our sake anyway, since I have planned on using this as our little family journal.

Yates gives me a hard time about doing one big long post to get caught up because then I don't write enough to really explain what happened. Well folks, I have a plan. I'm going to try to post ONE NEW topic each day (or every other day at least) from oldest to most recent until I'm caught up. I also have a temporary reward for everyone! I'm TEMPORARILY removing the "private" status until I get caught up. There's lots of people who've stopped checking in since it's been so long and I want them to get the notification that there's finally NEW STUFF! :) One less step for the next few weeks!

Without any further delay, Post #1. This is a fabulous "first" post because it shows our great parenting skills. LOL! This beauty happened on 5/8/09 just a couple days after our last post. Tucker was trying to be the best big brother ever and show McKinlee how to ride his "big boy" bike. She was riding it and he wasn't the best set of training wheels ever because he sort of let her tip right over next to our water fountain out back. Her head, as you can see, received the worst of the damage while the fountain got away without a single scratch to call its own. I think the pictures sort of look like mug shots of a domestic violence victim, so it's a good thing I told the story first. :) It's also a good thing that Yates took pictures of it right away because the lump ended up going away really fast (this all happened while I was at work and there was no lump by time I got home that afternoon). So there you have it folks! 1st post after a long leave of absence! See you tomorrow!



9 comments:

The Neads said...

it's about DANG TIME!!! HA HA
Poor girl.. quit beating her Crystal ha ha
Your kids are just darling

The Dennison Family (All 4 of us!) said...

As if the stress only lessens....Yeah right! I'm glad to see you update and I need to take some lessons from you! I think March was the last time I posted! Hang in there girl! Luv your guts! :)

The Holland Family said...

Glad to see all that computer time going to good use. Ha Ha. I just had to say it. Love, Cole

Brooke said...

Good to see your back. I guess all of us nagging at you worked:) Poor looking little girl. Heads are the worst to have things happen to.

Lesley said...

K so I saw you posted and thought you posted tons. I went way back and started reading and kept thinking that it sounded familiar. I thought I had just heard the stories from you personally then I realized that nope....I've read all the posts a few times! LOL! old age!

Anonymous said...

poor sissy! shes still so cute! miss u guys! thank goodness for blogs! love ya!

Neika Boulter said...

hey I'm still reading this! life is crazy but thanks for this update! Poor girl!

Jane said...

Poor little thing...kids sure do bounce back fast. I thought Gabriel knocked his front teeth out while we were at the Cape...Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Glad you have repented and are now bloging again. ha ha!
Wow! That is one nasty shinner!! OUCH!!!