Saturday, March 28, 2009

So our trip to Idaho was nice and relaxing. We didn't have any set plans and just relaxed and hung out with family. We spent one day over in Jackson, WY and saw 5 moose, 2 coyotes, lots of geese, lots of elk but we didn't see any of the buffalo that we had headed out to find. We went swimming at the Jackson Rec Center with the kiddos and they love it there because it's a very kid-friendly pool. They have a 2 water slides indoors (a huge tall slide that you walk up a million stairs to get to the top of and a smaller one with only one turn for the littler kids). Then they have 2 different water fall features and a bubble feature that the kids love to play in plus FREE noodles, balls, etc. for any of the kids who come in to play with. Then we ate at Mountain High Pizza Pie and had some super yummy pizza!

Yates and I spent one afternoon out in Idaho Falls to go to dinner (we ate at Johnny Carino's), movie (Duplicity) and just spend time alone together for our anniversary that was on the 16th. 7 whole years and I've loved ALMOST every minute! He's a bull-headed son of a gun, but I'm no peach myself and we must balance each other out 'cuz here we still are. Seriously though, I love Yates and am so grateful for the person that he is, the father that he is and the honest and good person he has always been. He pushes me to be a better person and challenges me to work hard at things when I want to give up. Plus...it doesn't help that even after all these years he's one of the most attractive guys I've ever met!

The kids all had colds while we were in Idaho and Titan is cutting 3 (maybe 4) new teeth. If poor Titan wasn't miserable enough he added to his own misery by touching the glass front on my parent's wood pellet stove. The flames dancing inside were too enticing for such a little boy and he got second degree burns on his ENTIRE left hand. We got back and took him into the Dr. and they had to debride his skin (pull all the blistered and dead skin off to help avoid infection and promote faster healing). It was awful to have to sit there and hold him and they bandaged him up so he looks like a little boxer. It's sad to see him try to crawl because he'll use his right hand and then have to fall down onto his left elbow to keep trying to go forward. It has slowed him down quite a bit if you can believe that. We all felt AWFUL that it happened at all!

Here are some catch up pictures of some fun things we've done with friends. We went out with Sean & Lesley to ride their 4-wheelers one weekend and had lots of fun hanging out and taking some fun pictures of the kids. The weather was great and we got some cute pictures of Tucker and Ellie...we've decided to collect all the engagement pictures throughout their growing up years for their wedding video. LOL! They have a lot of fun together.

Here's some more recent pictures of the kids. They sure get along well for the most part. Tucker enjoys giving McKinlee grief, but they are also the best of friends! What a cute little brood!
Titan will be 10 months old next week and is into everything!!! He has such a fun little personality and will give you "kisses", claps his hands (well, he clapped them before he burned his left one...now he claps one hand and a bandaged "boxing glove"), he throws himself forward from his knees and just thinks he's so darn funny. He is very mellow and loves attention! We sure love him.

Dallas took some super cute pictures of McKinlee just for fun. They turned out soooo good. You can check them out here or here. She always does such a great job. Thanks Dall!!!!

16 comments:

jenkinsfamily-love said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm glad! I think we all need some alone time with our families. Love your Guts!

tomiannie said...

Aw, poor little Titan! I hope his hand gets better quickly. He's such a little sweetie!

Bryce & Catherine Rowbury said...

Sure had fun spending time with you guys. We hope we can make it down there sometime again. You guys are the best!

jessie said...

hey thanks for the general conference packet! i passed it on to some people who could really use it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! How nice that you got to spend some alone time together!!!
Sorry about Titan!!! Just reading it breaks my heart!!!
Thanks for keeping me on your blog list!!!

William said...

Thanks for spending some time with us. It's lonely here without all of you. I feel really bad about Titan's hand, hope he is starting to feel better. You missed a REALLY good storm here today. Atttendance at church was sparse, because some of the outlying people (Kays, etc) couldn't make it in. I took the gift over to Robbie this afternoon on my way home from church, her baby is really cute. She asked for your phone #, so I gave it to her.
Love ya, Mom

Finley Family said...

Looks like you had a blast! Good thing with Titan is that when his glove is on, he doesn't seem to mind it and is moving around, cute, odd but he got use to it! Thanks for getting me on here you know I don't want to miss it!

Staci said...

My email is staci@kanab.net, just in case. I'm glad you had a great trip! Hope to see you soon. I haven't seen Titan in months. I bet him and Jaci would play well together. Call us next time you are in town.

Neika Boulter said...

I love being able to keep in touch this way! Pictures say 1000 words and your mckinlee is super cute in her pics too! So sorry about titan's hand! HOW SCARY!

GlendaJo said...

Sounds like you had fun in Idaho and that makes even this mom(almost Grma) feel sad for Titan.
Thanks for inviting me to view your blog. You are an amazing Mom!!! Remember to give those children plenty of kisses as they grow up way to fast and are gone before you know it!! Have a great week Glenda Jo

Jane said...

Great update Crystal! I hope Titan is better...poor little guy :-( I love all the pics and I can't believe how big the kids are getting!

Jaylene said...

hey thanks for the invite to your blog! i must admit that i AM one of the blurkers that peeks in to see your cute little kiddos!! i seriously cannot get over how adorable they are! mckinlee looks like a little babydoll, and your boys are SOOOO cute! anyway, thanks, and we really should get kaden and tucker together some time to play!

Finley Family said...

I have ever told ya how freaking cute your kids are!

Lesley said...

Oh that poor little Titan! I makes me cringe just thinking about it! What great picts!

Karyn said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Poor Titan, I think Olivia has been the only one to burn herself on the stove, but not that badly. Chris and I will be over in your neck of the woods this weekend, we should all go to dinner or something. Give me a call if you are going to be around Friday night! 775-962-1728

Abbie said...

Sounds like you had a great time on vacation. Poor Titan and his hand. It reminded me of when Tucker tried to help you iron clothes and got burned.