Monday, February 02, 2009

Steelers WIN Part 2

You'll have to read the post below to get the details on the Super Bowl party fun. However, I did forget to mention there was also Mt. Dew and Dr. Pepper that our kids had partaken of. Between that and the social stimulation we had a bedtime "issue" last night! Between the hours of 11 pm - 4 am I was awoken 7 times!!! 3 times by Tucker (wanting to come have a sleepover...because Yates is working nights), 1 time by McKinlee (needing her stuffy nose blown...after blowing she left my bathroom light on and put herself back to bed) and 3 times by Titan! I fed him TWICE if you can believe that and he woke up one more time between 4 am - 8 am. I let him cry himself back to sleep the other 2 times!

Then I woke up and Yates wasn't home and it was 2 hours past his shift! I called him and he got a little "busy" at work arresting some bad guys and ended up not getting home until 10 am (22 hours with no sleep). Needless to say, we're both exhausted and I am escaping work so Yates can sleep.

I was going to wait to post this collage. However, since I'm in need of a strong reminder of how much I really DO love my children I thought it best be posted immediately! LOL! Who could resist a little warm fuzzy looking at these cherubs? (Try not to imagine the horns I saw in the wee night-time hours)!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I feel your pain. Ryker has been sleeping horrible the last few months. Sometimes I have to just say "I really wanted to be a mom!" Sometimes it gets me through it.

The Dennison Family (All 4 of us!) said...

Where did you get that blue eyed baby?!? What a cute little group of kiddos! Your night sounds exhausting just reading it. You know, the Monday after the Super Bowl is the 2nd most called in sick to work the next day. ;)

Karyn said...

Thats what you get for being Steeler fans.... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh!! I think it should be against the law for a man with a wife and small kids to work nights. That must be so hard for you!!!
Your kids are soooooo darn cute!! You better lock Mckinlee up cause she is just beautiful!!
Hope you can get some sleep soon!!

Ora said...

Crystal you are too funny. I miss just being down the street from you - even though we never found time to get together. Who did your family pictures? they turned out soo cute! I can't believe how big your kids are getting - I remember when Tucker was just a little guy!

Finley Family said...

Yeah I found it! I know me too! Good day yeah kinda I went tanning and got fried! Like a Chicken kinda! Call me tomorrow, we are taking the kids to Jumping Jacks, in the afternoon sometime!