Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I really do have new pictures coming...honest!!! I got a new camera and I'm starting to think that I'm not as computer literate as I thought. There are tons of pictures on there and I just barely took the time last week to figure out how to get them to my computer. Now that they are there...I have to figure out how to edit them so they look all nice n' stuff and then I'll get them on here.

Sad news. I finally broke out my maternity clothes today. I'm not wearing them, mind you, but they're out waiting to be washed. :( Tucker told me that they were my "pregnant clothes, like the ones you wear when you want to get pregnant". Uh...not really, but that's a lesson for a future time. A MUCH further ahead future!!! Oh...my due date has been changed to June 5, 2008. I had an ultrasound and the baby was quite a bit smaller than we were expecting so they've moved me back a whole month. That's alright with me, at least I know now.

Tucker's been funny lately. He got a Nintendo DS Lite for Christmas with a Lego Star Wars game and has been loving it. We were excited to see him keep trying to learn how to get to new places. He usually gets too frustrated and just quits, so it's been fun to watch him struggle through it. He got lots of cool stuff...a bug "vaccuum" with a house for the bugs to live in once he catches them, an ant farm, a new suit for church (which he looks like a P.I.M.P. in), movies, new clothes (which surprisingly he needed more than I thought he did--that kid has hit a growth spurt).

McKinlee is super independent these days. She wants to do everything by herself and will let you know LOUDLY if you're not letting her do it her way. Her hair is getting longer and is still curly at the end, but I'm afraid once we cut off the curls it'll be gone. :( It's wavey on top, but not super curly like the bottom is. We've been putting it in pigtails lately and you should see her!!! What a babe! She got spoiled at Christmas as well as loves her new stuff. She got a purple/pink trike, a doll stroller with a doll that sucks on a binky and makes baby sounds (it's the craziest thing...seriously...all the adults played with it just as much as she did), movie, clothes (the CUTEST white vest w/fur on the collar) and a new church dress.

There's our update...other than that not much has changed at our house. Yates is still a School Resource Officer and loves it way more than he initially thought he would. There's an opening with the Wash. Co. Drug Task Force this summer and he's hoping that he'll have a good shot at getting a position with them. He's wanted to be involved in narcotics or SWAT since he first started out in law enforcement.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I think I have witnessed that pimpin' suit and I must say, I am thinking arranged marriage between Tucker and Ellie! That is if Tucker will accept her crazy personality....We'll work on it!

Meliss said...

Crystal,

It sounds like things are going good for you. Your update was really good. That's cool that your due date is in June (close to my birthday but that's okay). I don't know if I told you or not, but I'm going to be an aunt this coming April. Good luck with everything!