...is my two front teeth. --Titan
Oh wait...he just got them! Titan just cut his first bottom tooth on the 11th and the second one came poking through on the 14th! It's so early compared to my other kiddos (who didn't cut teeth until around 10 months old) that I've been really caught off guard! He's back to a super erratic schedule (up 3 times last night, even WITH Tylenol before he went to bed) and he's a biter now! Arghh! He's still such a smiley baby and the kids can make him laugh at any of their silly little antics.
Tucker has struggled with wrestling after starting out really well, but he's TRYING his best he says so we're not making a big deal out of it. He's in Kindergarten so we figure it's not the time to be those "competitive parents" that we see all around. He gets so excited when he wins and as long as he gets a medal he's stoked at the end of each tournament. His last tournament is this Friday and will end the 3-nights-a-week wrestling craziness for our family.
His first parent/teacher conference was this last week and his teacher said he's a super smart boy and only marked him down in 2 areas. Guess which two? (Hint: for those who knew Yates as a little boy, you probably know the answer) ...here we go... 1. Listens attentively 2. Stays on task.
Does that surprise anyone who knows Yates? Didn't think so! They called him ADD boy when he was young because he struggled paying attention in class. He's gotten much better as a "grown up", but it's hard work still for him to focus sometimes when he gets bored.
McKinlee is a chatterbox extraordinaire! She is CONSTANTLY asking questions and just talking to talk. You can forget watching anything on tv, reading a book, listening to the radio...mostly ANYTHING without her demanding answers to all her questions. She also screams...ALWAYS and FOR EVERYTHING!!! Tucker enjoys making her scream and our house is always full of noise thanks to the two of them.
Yates and I are enjoying the kids and our schedule is always hectic to say the least. I work in the mornings, while he handles the morning activities with the kiddos (getting dressed, homework for Tucker if he has some that still needs done, and getting Tucker off to school). Then I run home for him to get ready for work and he works until after the kids and I are in bed while I do the afternoon/night stuff (dinner, baths, wrestling practice, homework with Tucker and sometimes try to clean...lol). We see each other on Saturday and Sunday for the most part (and every other Friday with the new patrol schedule they're on). Our stake boundaries just got re-aligned and we are in a new ward now. I just got my calling and I am the Teachings for Our Times Relief Society teacher. It's the 4th Sunday lesson and a calling I am very familiar with (since that's what I was in our old ward too). I teach in our new ward for the first time this next Sunday and am a little nervous about not knowing everyone again, but I'm sure it'll pass and I'll be just fine.
Our lives stay super busy, but we get bored if we're not always on the go. The closer it gets to the holidays the harder I'm having to focus on the things that MATTER! It seems like life gets in the way of enjoying the every day things we do sometimes.
Monday, November 17, 2008
All I Want for Christmas...
Posted with love by The Wright Family at 9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Yea Titan! You are such a big boy now. We need to get together soon! Love you!
What cute kiddos. I think that is defiantly a boy thing Tucker - my 1st grader isn't the best at listening to the instructions to the end!!
Crazy schedules, I hope it slows down! Good Luck - huh?!
Kelty is the same way, talk, talk talk. Adam and I can barely have a conversation these days. She also is a great screamer. I am sure they would have fun if they got together.
Good luck with the crazy schedules. I have two words for you, "date night"- my sanity needs this
Wow, teeth already. They just grow up to fast. Love your update and although you don't get to see Yates very often your kids atleast always have one parent. That's a big plus. I also agree the attention thing is a boy thing.
It seems like forever ago I was in the same boat you're in, it's fun to look back on, but I must say, I really don't miss all the running around and the late nights Paul use to put in. I guess it's a good thing all that happens when you're young :-) You're doing a great job!
Teeth? already wow! I hope to see you all Thursday. Cute blog! Give the kiddies a hug and kiss from aunt Toley.
I can't believe he has teeth! I bet its cute to see teeth when he smiles though! You guys seem SO busy but we relate. Haley is in the Sound of Music play and has had practice 4 nights a week for at least 2 hours. The play is this weekend and the last two nights their practices have lasted past 11PM! We are really tired. I'll post about the play later, but its been a crazy ride!
WOW! I think Titan has done everything before my little Jaci! I don't think I am too jealous about the teeth and the waking up in the middle of the night though! I feel like we haven't talked in forever! Miley and Jaybin are getting so big. It won't be long before they are all paying with eachother! I hope to see you all soon!
That is so funny about Tucker and school. I know it really isn't but I had to laugh because you are right he is just like his dad!!! What a lucky boy though right?! All I have to say is "Good Luck"!
For real though your kids are so cute! My parents saw them when you were in Kanab for the blessings and thought your little McKinlee was the cutest thing ever. Isn't it so fun to watch your kids get older?
We really should get together sometime. Our Lindsay and Tucker are the same age and would have a lot of fun together, since he is just like his dad and she is just like me. We could get together with Jocie and Kyle. That would be fun!
I can't believe how big Tucker is! Your family photos are adorable. Titan is so cute! Crazy we both have 3 now huh!! I think we're coming to St. George in a week or two. Are you guys going to be around? We'd love to see you while there. Maybe Dinner.... :)
Too cute. I love your updates. Sad we won't see you for Thanksgiving, but have a good one and we'll hopefully see you guys soon! xoxo
Post a Comment