Tuesday, May 16, 2006






What a busy little month May has been already. We headed home to Driggs the weekend of May 6th for my little brother, Bryce's, wedding. Yates got off work Thursday at 5:00 pm and we left around 6 fully expecting to stay in either Lehi with my aunt and uncle or in Blackfoot at my Grandma Pauline's house...Yates got a wild itch to drive the whole way so we got home a little after 3 in the morning...eek! All day Friday we spent doing last minute things for the wedding. I hadn't tried on my bridesmaid dress and it didn't fit. I'm built more like a linebacker than a bridesmaid and my ribcage is monstrous so my Mom and Aunt Sherrie unpicked and altered my dress into the wee hours Friday night and did a BEAUTIFUL job!! What would we do without those homemaker type people that someday I may aspire to be like? :) It's a lot of work so I'll leave it to the professionals for now! Rushed around Saturday trying to get to the temple, but I'm a retard and didn't get all the directions to get there so needless to say we got a little "misguided" and almost didn't make it to the temple in time for the sealing. That would have been awful because Yates was one of the witnesses. Well...we made it and it was BEAUTIFUL. Bryce's roommate was kind enough to take all the pictures that we got with my camera and did a great job and we sure appreciated having them, so enjoy the fruits of his labor. Bryce's wife is from Salem, Indiana and her name is Catherine Libka (Rowbury) and she is so good for him. He found himself a righteous, beautiful and spunky gal that just fits right into our crazy little family! It was so fun to get to know her family too and I think it's a wonderful blend of families...they're pretty neat people. They just moved to Rexburg in January and are adjusting to life in Idaho after the shock of moving in January. Sunday morning we went to Lance & Brittney's baby blessing for little Chloe Jo...what a cute little girl she is! It's going to be fun to get to see them every time we go home but we miss having them close enough to go hang out with any ole time. We headed back Sunday after their luncheon and again Yates decided to drive the whole way so we got back to Hurricane at 3:00 am AGAIN! Had a crazy week and before you know it I was packing again to be to a wedding in Cedar City for Kevin and Tam Robinson's daughter, Kim on Saturday the 13th. My mom and Ashley had come down from Idaho for that and after the wedding we headed up to Lehi to Uncle John and Aunt Wendy's for Ben's mission farewell Sunday morning. He's headed out tomorrow to the Barcelona Spain mission and I can't believe, STILL, that he's old enough to be serving a mission. It seems like they are the cousins that I've always been the closest too, or done the most stuff with anyway and I have watched them grow up! At their house, Tucker did the cutest thing...the kids were all outside talking about what their dads did for a living and Tucker said, "My dad shoots bad guys and Jesus keeps him safe." What an awwww moment it was.
Well, 2200 miles and a week and a half later I'm pooped and ready to give up the keys for a few weeks...our poor little car is tired too and $3.00/gallon gas can kiss my rear end. I'm staying home and saving gas for the next month until my next trip up north and then we have Rhode Island in July. I'm afraid this summer is going to be awfully busy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You left out the part where I hung up on you and you told me that our friendship is over. But then I gave you that belt and we made up. And we tackled dad too. Speaking of linebackers..... ;)